Saturday, June 19, 2010

Curse You German Pancakes!

Austin and I have a new found love for eating breakfast at dinner (mainly cause it's cheap). Well we figured we would try out the infamous German Pancake recipe that my dad so wonderfully makes. There is a special way that everything has to be done in order for them to turn out just right. (As a side note if you have not had German Pancakes they are God's gift to breakfast foods... soo good!)

Here is how they should have turned out...
This is how mine turned out...
Like a big spongy egg... They were disgusting. Austin felt the need to be nice and pretend like he liked them but I know he was just trying to make up for me wasting 6 eggs haha


So with nothing else for us to eat and me having wasted the last of our eggs and butter we reverted to a dinner at Chick-fil-a. Yum! I love being so close to a Chick-fil-a that isn't in a mall but actually has it's own building.

After dinner we headed over Jordan Landing to see Toy Story 3! The movie was soo cute :D I recommend it to everyone. I had gone earlier to pick up tickets and "accidentally" bought the 3D kind. It actually was an accident but I didn't mind.


Aside from the German Pancake failure it was a fun Friday night. I guess the next time I'm in Texas I will have to learn the art of making German Pancakes from my dad so I can one day redeem myself.

2 comments:

  1. You are right- German Pancake= Food of the Gods!

    The first time I tried to make German Pancake I got a similar result. Oma said you have to beat the eggs well with a little sugar... Then you can mix them in with the milk and flour. Mix well, but don't over mix.

    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made them and forgot the flour. They looked exactly like yours. Maybe you forgot the flour also.

    ReplyDelete