Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So Long BYU...


Although I don’t get my diploma till August, today was my last official class at BYU! I can’t believe I made it and what better way to end the semester than with my New Testament class. There were nights, especially during finals weeks, when I was ready to throw in the towel. It wasn’t easy... but boy was it rewarding.


So in honor of me completing my schooling I figured I would reminisce on some of the things I liked and disliked about BYU.


Things I will miss at BYU:

  • My friends- I have made some awesome friends while at school. I even found my best friend, Austin :D Luckily he is always going to be there with me throughout life but I don’t know what I am going to do once we move to Arizona and I don’t have any girl friends!
  • Religion classes- I must say, one of my favorite things about BYU was the religion classes. I have been pretty fortunate to have some awesome professors along the way who have taught me so much, and helped my knowledge & testimony of the gospel grow.
  • Security- Everyone always calls Provo “The Bubble” and it is so true! There is a sense of security that comes with being in Mormonville and knowing people have the same standards as you. Also the security of knowing what comes next. Now that I’m done with school I have to get a real job... yuck... and who knows what that will be.
  • Advertising Classes- I am so grateful I found this major. It has been something I actually enjoy doing and studying. For a while I was afraid I would never find a major at BYU and my back-up plan was dropping out and going to hair school. Well my prayers were answered and now I get to take my knowledge and apply it in the real world!


Things I won’t miss at BYU:

  • Crazy Mormons- Yes it is cool being surrounded by Mormons, until you come to realize how crazy some of those Mormons can be. I definitely feel BYU was a good transition from high school but honestly... I hope I never have to live in Provo or Utah again haha Dance parties, Group FHE, Those awkward kids who ask you out during class... good riddance.
  • GE’s- Humanities.... I hate you haha The fact that I will never have to take a dumb, pointless general ed class again makes me want to jump for joy!
  • The Cannon Center- Ok I know I have been done with the Cannon Center for a while now but that place scarred me for life! I will never look at Chicken Cordon Blue the same way.
  • Snow- So snow doesn’t really have anything to do with BYU but I take every chance I get to bring up the fact that I hate the snow. Walking to class while the snow freezes the inside your nose, trying not to fall on your butt in the middle of campus, having your shoes and socks soaked through... yeah I hate the snow.


The list could go on and on but I will end it here. So long BYU... you will be missed, but only a little ;D

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA I love that the Cannon Center was on here. So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete