Sunday, June 26, 2011

Life's Little Tests

At one point or another we all (unfortunately) face some sort of trial or adversity in our lives... As I was reading The Ensign the other day I came across this quote and absolutely loved it.

"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding and compassion, which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." - Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

I had never heard that before... but after reading it I absolutely believe it to be true. At the time we don't see or we don't understand what the Lord has in store for us. I hope that as I go through the different trials in my life I will always remember that ultimately everything it is for my growth and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment