Friday, August 26, 2011

One Last Hoorah!

As much as I would like to think my life is perfect, and that every day is a happy day, it is most definitely not. Last week was proof of that. I was having a couple of down days and Austin could tell. Saturday night, after another rough day at work, I came home to the sweetest note ever! Austin called it our "one last hoorah" and basically let me pick whether I wanted to go to Sedona, stay at a hotel in Scottsdale or go on a shopping spree! I may have cried a little at how excited I was haha but seriously how lucky am I to have such an amazing husband! After a few hours debating between the three, we decided to combine two of them and stay at a hotel, plus give me a little money to go shopping with the next day :D Our budget landed us at the Biltmore Hotel. We had such a fun time swimming, going out to eat at California Pizza Kitchen, and mainly just relaxing together while enjoying our one last getaway trip before summer is officially over...

The room
 They had a fun water slide that Austin went down a few times
 The pool!
 Ready for dinner
 Cheese
 View from our room & ready to go shopping! 
I can honestly say this has been one of the best summers of my life. I don't think we will ever get to go on as many trips as we did this year. I can't believe that summer is over, and it is now time for Austin to start school again... I have been so spoiled having my best friend here with me every minute of every day! Yet somehow we made it through last year, so I know we will be able to make it through this year too!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I might be a little emotional right after giving birth, but I'm almost in tears. That is SO sweet of Austin!! What a great guy! Once he starts school come hang out with Charlotte and me so we can be grad school widows together :) Thanks for coming by today!! Made my day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst....tell Austin to share this awesome surprise with Jason...haha...I could use a weekend like that!

    ReplyDelete