Thursday, May 24, 2012

So Long Second Year!

Well this is a week late, but Austin is all done with his second year of med school! No more classes, and no more book work!! I think it is still a little surreal for him to imagine not going to another class. He has been doing the whole school scene for more than half his life! Once again he rocked his finals, and even got a surprise e-mail telling him that he was awarded a scholarship! I think at first he thought it was a joke, but turns out it was actually legit! I was so so proud of him, and very excited that he was rewarded for all his hard work these past two years. It really was a blessing. Because of all his hard work I also wanted him to reward him. Austin is so hard to buy gifts for, so when we found these shorts that he liked I didn't care how much they cost I was buying them! He deserved it! I can tell you that he was very excited the day they came, so I'd say they were a successful gift :D
For a few days after finals, Austin took some time off to hang out with me. We went baby shopping, out to eat with friends, saw The Avengers, and then Monday we had a doctor appointment. This time I had to take my glucose test, and we got to see our little man in 3D!! Austin said the whole time I was watching the ultrasound I just had a huge smile on my face. Here are a few of the pics.
 Side profile and arm up by his head
Austin and my family thinks he has my nose, but other than that I think he looks like Austin. I guess we will really find out in 12 weeks!! I can't believe how much he continues to grow! Right now he is about 2.3 pounds and is breached. The doctor told me I need to get in the swimming pool, and do some summersaults to get him to flip haha so I guess I need to give that a try. Since I'm only 28 weeks the doctor isn't too concerned, and thinks he will turn eventually. Going into the appointment I knew he was breached because I feel his head or arm bulging out of my stomach all the time! Sometimes it kind of freaks me out, but it also just means we are getting that much closer to meeting him!

As for me, I am just getting bigger and bigger :) I can now balance things of my belly haha that is when you know you are really pregnant!
For the next two weeks I'm just gonna be hanging out in Texas with the fam, while Austin prepares for boards!! I will be so so glad when that test is over, but in the mean time Austin continues to study hard and I continue to be the cheerleader wife! :D

2 comments:

  1. That's so fun to have a 3D ultrasound. He looks so cute, but of course he is. :) Have fun in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ultrasound is awesome! I love how they got such a good close up on your little guy. He is so cute!!! Love how you can finally see your baby bump. You look amazing for being 28 weeks pregnant. So glad you are doing okay after that scare with the hospital. That would have to be some serious pain. Hope you are feeling better still. It is good to see your updates. Hope you have fun in Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete