Thursday, June 7, 2012

When Your Husband Studies for Boards...

You go to Texas! That is exactly what I have been doing these past two weeks. Hanging out with the fam in Texas, while Austin works his butt off to do well on the boards!! Some of my friends are still gone because they left for the whole month, but I knew Austin wouldn't be able to last that long with me gone ;) Here are a few things I did back in the Lone Star State....

I think my family wanted to make sure this little boy comes into the world right... as a true lover of Texas :) 
My mom's friend Marie had these cute hats made for me! Last time I was out in April, I was showing her some of the ones I loved. She found pictures of two of them to copy, and they turned out perfect!! We are so excited to use them in his newborn pictures :) 
And even though he already has tons of baby clothes, my mom just couldn't resist getting a few more haha 
 I had seen this craft on Pinterest to make 4th of July paper stars, so I did a little test run for my mom. I plan on making some for our house now that I'm back. 
 My family was invited over to a ward friends house for a Memorial Day Barbecue and swim party. I did feel really bad that day knowing that most everyone was out enjoying the holiday, while Austin was stuck in a library back in Arizona. I just had to keep reminding him that one day these sacrifices will pay off :) 
My mom and I also spent a few days at our community pool trying to get our little man to turn over. He is breached, and the doctor said bouncing around in the water might help. I kind of felt like a dork just bouncing all around the pool but that's ok hahah Gotta do what you gotta do!
 Also while I was there, Jessica was asked to create a poster for someones graduation party. We stopped by Party City to pick up a few things, but kind of got distracted along the way... 
 For a few days my mom was on the hunt to find some "Tiffany Blue" nail polish. We finally found the color, but I also wanted my nails to be pink. Hence the two tone nails.. haha Most people have told me they aren't a fan, but I like them :) 
 I flew out a few days before my dad had to go in for some surgery on his nose. This picture was after it was all said and done. He's had this surgery before, so luckily it wasn't as bad as before and he was able to recover fast :D
 On my last day in Texas, my mom really wanted to go to the Kimball Art Museum and see the exhibit on Impressionism. I wrote a paper on Impressionism my last year at BYU. Unfortunately I didn't really remember much, but I can say the art work was a lot more impressive in person. Something I wasn't overly excited to see turned out to be really fun!  
I really am soooo appreciative of my family letting me follow them around for two weeks. It was hard being away from Austin for that long, but I know it helped him and me out a lot! I wasn't lonely at home, and he was able to put in some long hard hours of work. Now that I'm back I feel like I'm a constant distraction, but Austin reassures me that I'm not haha. We are both hoping and praying that these sacrifices will pay off when he takes his tests in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. WHERE do you get your maternity clothes?! They are always so cute. Or just a size up in stuff- I did the same thing for tops & dresses. Glad you had fun & glad your dad's nose is doing well- I didn't know he was getting surgery again but glad to see him doing well! Such a fun trp & I love your nails. They inspired me to paint my own but I think I picked weird colors so I might copy you and do Tiffany blue & pink lol. Good luck austin!! One day all of this will pay off!

    ReplyDelete