Monday, February 4, 2013

Twenty-Fourth Birthday and Six Months

On Friday I turned 24! I am getting old... haha especially now that I have a kid I feel old. To celebrate our friends Kali and Ryan watched Paxton so we could treat ourselves to Cheesecake Factory. It was nice remembering what life was like going out on dates before Pax, although we both missed him. We skipped the cheesecake though because Austin had bought me a birthday cake. At our local grocery story they sell "Cake Boss" cakes, so I had been wanting to try it for a while and see if it was anything amazing. Not gonna lie... it wasn't anything special. But at least now I know!

The next day (February 2nd) Paxton turned six months old!! I can not believe he is already that big!
We really love the stage he is at right now! I know as a first time parent we think that about every stage they hit, but honestly he is so fun! He is totally developing his own personality. He is very social like his dad haha He loves to wrestle with dad, and laugh at mom. He is obsessed with being on his stomach which has led to interesting nights. I wake up all the time to him just talking and chilling on his stomach, or if he is really tired he will just fall asleep on his stomach which he never use to do. We started him on baby food in Texas. So far he has just tried squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes since you are suppose to wait 3-4 days in between new foods. He was not a huge fan of the carrots.. but likes the others. Austin wanted to start him on veggies first because he learned from a pediatrician that if you start with the good stuff (fruits) first, then they won't like veggies as much. Pax is working hard at trying to sit up by himself. He wiggles his legs like he wants to crawl, but still hasn't realized he needs to lift that belly off the ground! Sleeping has been interesting.. we got in a really bad habit of letting him sleep in bed with us while we were gone for that month. Now that we are back we are trying to get him use to his crib again which is hit and miss. Everything he touches goes in his mouth. It is so funny to think that is how babies discover new things haha He likes when I read books to him, and some of his favorites are Click, Clack Moo Cows That Type, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I go to the doctor next week so I don't know what his weight and hight are right now. I doubt he is lacking.. he is a chunk haha I've come to discover that being a parent is challenging at times, but so worth it when that little guy smiles and looks as us with those big blue eyes :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Jackie, Pax is SO cute! Those eyes, adorable. And you are one hot mama! Can't wait to see you guys, its been so long.
    Loved the updates!

    ReplyDelete