Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trying to be domestic...

Since Austin started medical school I have had a lot of time on my hands. With no job and basically no husband you have to find things to preoccupy your time or you will go crazy! For me I decided I wanted to become more domestic. I stalk these blogs and read about these women who do can do it all so I figured, I have all the time in the world, why can't I be one of those women too? Come to find... it is a lot harder than it looks.

For instance, after searching many different blogs for some new recipes to add to the mix I found a recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls. I knew how much Austin loves cinnamon rolls and wanted to try something different so Friday night I set out to make cinnamon rolls from scratch. Let me just tell you, it was a lot harder and messier than I anticipated. I have never made my own bread or my own rolls so having to do things like kneed dough, let it rise, and buy a rolling pin just to roll out the dough were new to me. I was so scared that I would spend my entire night trying to make these things only to find they turned out like crap. Luckily they actually turned out pretty good but to be honest, I will probably never make homemade cinnamon rolls again (ok maybe I will but not in the near future...)  haha But hey, at least I tired!

That was just one of the many things I have on my list of things to try. Here are a few others...

I want to try making my own pillows which means I need a sewing machine first...
This girl made these rose balls/wreaths out of streamers! Who wouldn't want to try this? 
 Instead of a "To-Do" board I want try making a menu board


And don't even get me started on crafty things to do for the holidays coming up...





I just don't know where these people come up with these things but I am obsessed! One of these days I will try them all and become a truly domestic and crafty woman! :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that rose wreath!! I want to learn how to do it too!!

    ReplyDelete