Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sugar Cookies!

So even before Austin and I were married we started a little Christmas tradition of decorating sugar cookies together. This was our third year decorating them and the first time I made sugar cookies from scratch! Usually we buy the sugar cookie sheets that are pre-made sheets of sugar cookies but still allow you to cut out your own shapes. While those cookies are good, the homemade ones were way better! Austin insisted that I get his Aunt Shera's recipe to make. So I got the recipe, tried it out and ended up with these bad boys.
Turned out pretty good don't you think? 
Austin hard at work :) 
 Look at that skill! A two-toned cookie
 The finished result :D 


Delicious! I love that we already have a tradition started. Traditions just make the holidays better. Hopefully we will be able to keep it up over the years and when the kids come :)

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! I love traditions too! My family always did this on christmas eve and left them out for Santa :)

    ReplyDelete