Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Like my Fish and Poi! I'm a Big Boy! (Part 2)

Thursday:
We decided that Thursday would be the day to test out that snorkel gear we rented! My dad, Austin, Jessica and I went right out off the beach from our hotel to see what was out there. We didn't realized we would find so much! It was crazy to think that Tuesday we had been walking all over that coral and come to find there were tons of fish and sea urchins out there! Kind of scary but also very fun.

This was my favorite fish with the blue lips and neon yellow stripe.
 Hello!
 Ouch!
 I stayed out for a while but then I started getting cold so I went back to the pool with Lexi and my mom. Of course after I leave my dad, Austin and Jessica found a turtle! 
After another great day at the pool and beach we got all cleaned up and went out to dinner at a place called Mama's Fish House. This was unanimously the best place we ate the entire trip... so good!!

As you can see it was a little windy that night 
 Austin's favorite.. the tiki man!!

Friday:
Friday we decided to go explore some of the different beaches and see if we could find some more turtles! After driving around all morning to some different beaches I think we concluded that our hotel had better snorkeling than any of the places we drove to.

All ready to go!
I love sandy toes :) 
We went back to the pool for a little bit and then my dad grilled some fish for us. It was way good :D 
 Once dinner was done we tried to hurry and get out to see the sunset... we just barley caught the end of it. 
Saturday:
We spent Saturday morning doing our usual routine... swimming haha but I mean come on.. when you go to Hawaii all you really need to do it swim and relax. So we spent the morning doing just that. Then come night we went to a fun Hawaiian Luau! Besides the super cheese-ball MC it was a fun time and the pork was awesome :D

Sunday:
That morning we got ready and went to the local LDS church for sacrament meeting. Then once we got back to the hotel, it was out for our last day at the beach and pool :( but we had a fun time. Austin and my dad were the only ones who went out snorkeling and what do you know... they saw another turtle!!! I guess it just wasn't in my cards to see a turtle...
Playing football in the pool
 Drinking our virgin drinks :D 
 Turtle number 2
Also while I was there, I discovered this new iphone app called Intagram that gives your pictures cool effects, so I spent some of my time messing around with photos. 
Our last Maui sunset on the beach
Monday: 
It was our last day in Maui, but we had to check out of the hotel by 11 so we couldn't spend another day at the beach or pool. Instead we went back to Old Town Lahaina and walked around before going to see Cars 2. Also while we were there we had to try the "best shaved ice" in Maui. Not gonna lie it was pretty bomb! 
Our flight didn't leave until 10 that night so needless to say we have been pretty messed up from all the time zone changes and lack of sleep but it was all worth it for the trip. We had such an awesome time! I can't believe how fast it came and went. Luckily though our vacation still continues as we have another 10 days in Texas and then a week in Utah! 

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, holy smokes it looks like a total blast! I loved all your pictures, you have such a beautiful family. I'm glad you had such a fun time. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures! Maui is the best!! Actually, it's the only place I've been but man those sno-cones make it the best I'm sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap girl! i am a little jealous needless to say! Ryan says his favorite picture is with austin on the horse with a helmet on!!! haha we miss ya in arizona, come back soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete