Sunday, February 5, 2012

You've Had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

We had a birthday in the house last week... mine! I turned the big 2-3 haha ok so maybe it's not that big, but still. I took the day off from work so I could really enjoy the day. Austin had class most of the day, but all I really wanted to do for my birthday was go shopping! It has been so long since I've had a day/money to just go shopping for fun. Unfortunately, as it always seems to go, I didn't find a whole lot on my 3 hour shopping spree. I find that when I have the money/really want a specific thing I can never find it, but then when I have no money to spend I want everything! I still had a fun time just having the day off work, and trying on all the clothes I wanted to.

Birthday stash-
I realized this weekend that I went a little stripes crazy on my shopping trip. 

After my day out, Austin took the night off to hang out with me! I had been craving (or maybe the baby had been craving) Olive Garden for the past week, so that was my birthday dinner choice. Luckily it did not disappoint.
After dinner I was so stuffed I almost passed up on my birthday dessert, but Austin talked me into just getting a cupcake to take home for later. That was a good choice :)
We couldn't decide between two, Oreo and Red Velvet, so we got both :)
It was a very chill, but very enjoyable birthday. I can't believe this will be my last birthday with out a kid! I think I made the most of it! Another year older, and another successful birthday celebrated.

3 comments:

  1. Yea Happy B-day Jackie!! Looks like it was a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I find that I want everything when I have no money as well.... what's with that!? You look adorable and I can't wait to see all your bump updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had a fun birthday! I love all the stripes! Good choices! I just got a DownEast Catalog and saw the striped skirt and thought of you...ha ha, then I see it on your blog, makes me laugh. Yes, enjoy your last birthday before you have a child, because I hear when you get a child, your whole perspective changes. Instead of having a selfish day, it is just another selfless day, but the best part about it is that you are a mom to a precious child of God! Can't wait for you to be a mom! You will do such an amazing job! Would love to see pregnany pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete