Friday, February 17, 2012

Celebration of Love

It's funny how much Valentine's Day has changed now that we are married. Austin and I were laughing at the fact that when you are in high school, it is a huge deal what your boyfriend/girlfriend gets you for Valentine's Day, and they better give it to you at school so you can flaunt your love to everyone else. But now that we are actually with the person we love the most, Valentine's Day isn't the huge production it use to be, but rather is just another day to say I love you.

This year Austin told me a couple weeks in advance that we probably won't be celebrating on the actual day because he had a test the next morning, so instead we made Wednesday our Valentine's Day. I decided to make Austin breakfast to start off the day right :) I found a copycat Kneader's french toast recipe online and gave it a try.
That afternoon Austin was meeting with a doctor in Scottsdale, so I tagged along and waited for him to get done. When he was finished, we headed over to Cheesecake Factory! Dinner was awesome and the red velvet cheesecake we got is probably our new favorite dessert!! It was sooo good :) The only part that wasn't awesome was that the waiter threw away half of my dinner instead of boxing it up. He felt so bad that he offered to make me another one to take home. Even though I felt like the biggest cheapskate in the world, I said yes haha. It was a fun night out just spending time with the guy I love most!
 Have some whip cream Austin! haha 

1 comment:

  1. Haha agreed about the high school thing! It's still fun to make a big deal and go out, but definitely not flaunt it as much. Chase and I celebrated ours early- we weren't even in the same country for vday, how lame. My vday sucked! Glad we have actual valentines these days, although I can vouch, you are an excellent valentine! Haha!

    ReplyDelete