Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Celebrate Good Times!

Last Wednesday was a big day around the Horrocks home... Austin got his USMLE board scores back! After spending months and months preparing for this test, I just really wanted his score to reflect all his hard work these past two years. We were both freaking out a little bit when he went to check his score because Austin didn't feel that confident after leaving his test. Well to our great surprise, Austin rocked his test!! He scored in the 95th percentile which is huge! It was a big accomplishment, and there were many tears shed. Luckily Austin had the day off, so that night we went out to celebrate the way doctors do. My parents wanted us to go big so they helped out a little :) With that we were off to one of our favorite restaurants... Eddy V's!! We even invited our good friends the Finns to come along for the fun.
The infamous banana foster dessert. We always joke that my dad would kill for this dessert because it is that good, and his all time favorite :)
Dr. Horrocks! 
All of us left the restaurant with happy bellies, and extremely happy hearts. Austin and I honestly feel so blessed for how well he did. We know that there were a lot of prayers, fasting, family support and most of all support from our Heavenly Father that got us to the place we are today. I am excited to see where Austin goes because I know he has so much potential, and so much in store for him. He is reaching his goals, achieving his dreams, and I couldn't be more happy for him!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY AUSTIN!! Gosh I'm so happy for you guys!! We know exactly what it's like to have so much stress put upon you and can determine so much of your career, and how exciting and happy it is when your hard work pays off! Austin is already my go-to doctor with all my crazy questions, and I'm sure he's going to be an amazing doctor!!! Congrats to you too Jackie, every successful man has an amazing supportive wife! I know you were a huge help to him! So glad I got to see you today and I'm secretly, selfishly hoping you have Paxton soon so I can meet him before we leave :)

    ReplyDelete