Friday, July 30, 2010

Home is where the heart is

Alright, I am finally ready to put up pictures of our new home. After many nights of measuring, hammering, drilling and hanging....

Along with daily trips to Target... (As a side note- I had always wanted to go somewhere and buy so much stuff that I had to use two shopping carts for it all)

We finally have our first place! It's far from finished but that's ok :D It's been fun finally putting together all the things I've collected over the years. Here it is!

Right when you walk in the door there is a wall and this is what you see :)
To the right of the entry way is our living room. It still needs some work but so far so good I think! 
Off of the living room is the master bedroom and master bath (aka Austin's bathroom)
On the other side of the apartment or to the left of the entry way is the dinning room/kitchen. Right now the dining room is full of boxes so I skipped over that room. We are hoping to get a dining room table next week so I will post pictures once we get that all set up :)
Off the kitchen/dining room we have the guest bedroom and bathroom aka my bathroom (figured since we have two bathrooms we might as well use them, and I didn't like the idea of sharing a sink with Austin haha)
The guest bedroom is more like Austin's little study room where he will be living for the next two years of his life.

So that's it for now! It was kind of hard to take good pictures since there are a lot of corners and not a lot of open space but we love it here and can't wait to continue making this little apartment our home :D

3 comments:

  1. Jackie!! It looks awesome! You guys did a great job decorating! I don't think I ever realized exactly how much you really contributed to our apartment until now when I see it all in your house! Haha, oh, and the red accent pillow totally makes the bedspread ;) Chase and I don't share a sink either. He gets way too grossed out when I do my hair over the sink, and I can't compete with all of the shaving/gels/whatever else he has.

    Also, where did you get the Horrocks tile?! I have a Walker one exactly like it that I made at a ward craft night. Did we make those together?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! We have the same candlesticks('cept ours are red)!! And ours are on our TV stand too...haha.
    So...I might need to use your kitchen when we're down there to make treats for my cousin's wedding. They are having all relatives bring some homemade goodies for the reception. So...get ready for some goodie makin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen- I got that tile from one of Austin's cousins so no we didn't make it together but they are pretty sweet!

    Nell- of course you can use our kitchen! it does get a little toasty in there but if you can handle the heat then bake away :D haha

    ReplyDelete