Friday, July 9, 2010

I Hate Goodbyes...

As excited as I am to move to Arizona, I hate the goodbye part of moving.  

Last night Helen and Chase came over for dinner and to hang out one last time before we leave. We made them spaghetti and meatballs while they brought the good stuff, homemade peach cobbler and Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes! It was so fun catching up with them and hearing about their life and adventures. 

It's crazy to think Helen and I have been friends since freshman year. We've had so many fun times together over the years :D I still remember that first week in the dorms not having any friends and crying the entire drive back to my dorm after my mom left. It was an answer to prayers when Helen saw me going into my room and asked me if I wanted to go eat at the Cannon Center. After that we were inseparable. I feel like Helen and I have lived the same life, we were single together, dating at the same time, broken up at the same time, engaged together and now we are both married women haha. She has been such a great friend along the way and I will truly miss one of my best friends. Of course I know this is one of those friendships that will last over the years. We will always stay in contact, even if it's over blogger haha. 







Then today I had to say goodbye to all those I worked with over the summer. I wasn't suppose to end my internship till next Friday but plans change. It was fun getting to know everyone there and seeing all the amazing things Rain is working on. It was a great internship experience. They even threw me a going away ice cream party. They know me too well... I LOVE ice cream hahaha 

As my friend Brittany always tells me, "It's not goodbye. That is too final. It's always see ya later." Great advice as we still have more "see ya later's" to come.

2 comments:

  1. Awww great mind do think alike! Haha, I seriously couldn't bring it up last night because I would have been BAWLING which would be slightly awkward for our husbands and ruin the whole night! Some of those pictures make me laugh soo hard. Haha I love you Jackie and am sure you and Austin are going to have an awesome time in Arizona!! Oh, and tell Austin I forgive him for setting me up with Mike. No one really knew him.. Hahaha I just feel badly I didn't want to go on a second date after Austin was nice enough to set me up in the first place. Love you both and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right!!! No one likes goodbyes. Just see ya later :)

    love you. hope to see you very very soon!!

    ReplyDelete