Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Extra! Extra!

So last week some reporters from the newspaper came to DownEast to do a little write up about our new store! While I was going about my duties they thought it necessary to get a few pictures of me. I felt so awkward knowing someone is taking my picture but also knowing I'm not allowed to smile or look at them but just continue working as if nothing was taking place.

Well the article was published and since that time I have had a few people who would see me working and ask "Where you the one in the newspaper?". I unfortunately don't get the newspaper and had not see the article so I was surprise to find they had used my picture for the article. I tired finding it online and even asked a friend if she had seen it in her newspaper but no luck. That all changed yesterday when a woman came in, saw me and once again asked if I was the one from the newspaper. I started to explain that I probably was but that I had not seen the paper. She then proceeded to pull out a newspaper from her purse with me on the front page! haha She was nice enough to give me the newspaper so that I could share it with my coworkers.


So there it is. hahah So awkward but kind of cool! This is the second time in my life that I have been in the newspaper, and not just a little blurb but a full color picture of me. Good times :D

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats on making the paper- if I was on the cover of anything it would be blown up, and plastered all over the city. Go Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, you ALWAYS make the paper! First the Daily Universe at the football game where Troy's big head hid me, now this! You're pretty much destined for fame. Congrats! :) Oh, and I love seeing that you're Jacqueline Horrocks!

    ReplyDelete