Monday, February 14, 2011

A Dayquil Valentines

So when I imagined my first married valentines it definitely didn't involve a box of tissues and a pack of dayquil tablets... Unfortunately that is what we have. I have been getting progressively sick these past few days and Saturday was a turn for the worse. Needless to say for the past two days this is where I have spent my time...
yup sprawled out on the couch. Austin has been the best husband though, making sure I was well taken care of. Now that is some true love. He even surprised me this morning telling me he had to go to class when really he went out to buy me some flowers and powdered donuts (I really think the donuts were for him) And look at that dog card he got me! He knows me all too well :) It really brightened my morning.
I had got the idea from a friend to make a handmade box of chocolates. I thought it was a cute idea since Austin doesn't really like the fancy chocolates, he is more of a Reeses guy so I was able to fill it up with chocolates he would actually like. Luckily I made the box on Saturday when I wasn't feeling like complete crap so it was all ready for today :)
I had also made some cupcakes for our little primary kids Saturday but come Sunday there was no way I was going to make it to church so I didn't get to give them their cupcakes... (we figured it wouldn't be the best idea to say here have a cupcake that Jackie made and oh by the way she is home sick...) Sad day :( They were so cute too!
Well that has been our valentines day... a wife sick on the couch and a husband studying for school. Romantic we know :) but to be honest we don't need a silly holiday to remind us how much we love each other, luckily we tell each other every day. So really it's like everyday is Valentines Day!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were sick today friend! It took Helen and I about thirty plus minutes trying to figure out what we did last year... we still don't know, but we bought a fan. It's those valentine's days that are the best!

    ReplyDelete