Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I made a pillow!

Yes I made, no I sewed a pillow! Ever since I got my sewing machine for Christmas I have been a little intimidated by it... I knew how to work it and everything but I was jut too afraid to do some big project and not have it turn out. So I started with little things like a necklace and a tissue holder for my mom but that was about it. Well every time I did a project that didn't involve my sewing machine Austin would say, "I think you should sew a pillow" or "Why don't you go get the fabric to make a pillow". Well I finally faced my fears, picked out a fabric and sewed a pillow! I think it turned out cute and it wasn't hard at all so this just gives me the confidence to make some more pillows for my couch!

Austin taking pictures of my while trying to thread my sewing machine

 The finished product :) 
So there you have it, my first pillow :) As a side note I am so glad that my husband is good at math because doing this project made me realize you need some major math skills to figure out how much fabric you need and how you need to cut it.

2 comments:

  1. Cute Jackie!! P.s...we have that same cream colored swirly bedding! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie! Good job, I'm super impressed! The only thing I've ever sewed were my girl scout patches...hence my lack of sewing skills. One day I hope I'll be able to sew like this!

    ReplyDelete