Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Little Loves.

So I figured that since it is February, the month of love, it would be a good time to post a few little everyday things that I am loving right now.

<3 My new pink nails. If you know me at all you know that I don't usually paint or even maintain my nails. This is probably due to the fact that in high school I played the piano and could never have long nails so it was always easier just to keep them short and simple, no polish. Well right now I am on a nail polish kick and my latest buy was this pink! Every time I look down at my nails I can't help but smile at the color. I just love it!



<3 While we are on the topic of pink, I absolutely love the month of February not just because of my birthday being this month but also because of Valentine's day. I love going to the different stores and seeing all the valentines decorations. All the pinks, reds and whites just puts me in a very happy and springy mood. 

<3 I am definitely in love with the whole cupcake fad going on right now. This is probably an obvious one seeing as I have made two or three posts on here about the cupcakes I make but I mean come on, who can't look at pictures of cupcakes and not just have an instant love for them... 
these pictures made you happy didn't they? me too... 

<3 I love this "wear anything I want to" weather we are having right now. One day I could be in long sleeves and jeans with my Ugg boots on and the next day I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt and capris... and it's not that the weather fluctuates so much that I need to be wearing a certain thing, it's just that you can wear either/or and still feel comfortable outside. I know that soon all I will be able to wear is shorts and flip flops so that is why I am loving the weather right now and taking advantage of it every day :) 
 Oh and Old Trusty (aka Austin's car) is loving this weather too... 

<3 I am loving that I just got my hair done. Nothing can make you feel better, faster than getting your hair done. It just makes you feel pretty again after weeks of trying to figure out why you felt ugly in the first place... those dang roots will do that to a girl! 

<3 I am also loving the new wannabe Anthro necklace I made yesterday. So I saw this necklace on Anthropologie's website and about died when I saw the price... $198! Yes you read that right... one hundred and ninty-eight dollars! So I told my self, "Self you could make that necklace and I can guarantee it won't cost you $198" and I did just that. 

The inspiration
 The necklace
 Ta da.. a little bigger than I was expecting but still cute :) and guess what... it cost me a total of $7 to make! 

<3 I love love love when I make a big sale at work. It just makes me feel good knowing I helped someone buy some rocking outfits that will in turn make them feel good! I probably also like it because I feel like I am living my wants through them. How nice it must be to just go out and spend $300 like it's nothing... maybe someday...

<3 The fact that there is a radio station down here that still plays the song "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake. I love it!!! At least once a month I hear this song on the radio and crank my speakers up loud to rock out to probably my all time favorite song. Well I heard it yesterday and it just takes me back to the good ol' days when I was in 8th grade and had no bills to pay, no house to clean, just homework and hanging out with friends :)

<3 And finally the thing I love most right now is knowing that after a long day of school or work Austin will come out here around 8:30 and we will spend the rest of the night cuddling on the couch and watching all the Office episodes we record on our DVR. It really is the highlight of my day. Relaxing with the one I love... doesn't get much better than that!


So there you have it.. a list of the little things in life that I am loving right now :D

4 comments:

  1. Jackie! I love your creations!I this is Marie Tan just in case you wonder who is this anonymous!, the flower necklace you made me, I get compliments all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I was window shopping at DownEast yesterday and totally wishing I could drop $300 bucks on a new wardrobe... I haven't purchased new clothes in such a long time! They have cute stuff right now too.
    And I LOVE that necklace!! it's way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie I love all your loves! And I definitely think you should teach us how to make that cute necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha Jackie I laughed so hard hearing about the radio station that plays JT's cry me a river...I know how much you love that song. Also, SO jealous of your weather, necklace and nails! I just painted mine red for this fabulous holiday...remember when we went to get v-day pedicures and my lady made my heart into a balloon?! ...

    ReplyDelete