Monday, April 25, 2011

Anniversary & Easter

Yay for an anniversary getaway! We really really needed the time away with school and work and all the other stresses of life it was so fun to just take a night off and spend it with each other. I even made sure that we didn't bring our computers because sometimes we get in this bad habit of sitting on the couch together but both being on our computers so it's like we aren't even really together. With that said... Friday afternoon we headed over to Scottsdale to celebrate our anniversary! My dad was really nice and helped us out by letting us use his points to stay in the JW Marriott Desert Ridge hotel. We checked in, dropped off our bags and on the way out guess who stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary.....
Spongebob! hahah 
Austin told me after that really he was the one who called up spongebob and told him he needed to come see me on our anniversary weekend... so sweet :D So after that we went out to the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall for a few hours and then it was off to our dinner at Roaring Fork. When we got there they took us to our table this was waiting for us...
So cute! Austin said when he had called to make the reservation they had asked what we were celebrating but he didn't know they would do something special for us :)

Roaring Fork was awesome!! So funny story... Austin is a huge Dr.Pepper fan and I have been telling him about this Dublin Dr.Pepper which is like the real deal. It is made in Dublin, Texas and they use only real pure cane sugar in the drink. So every time we go to Texas I keep telling him how he needs to try this Dr.Pepper. Well at Roaring Fork he orders and Dr.Pepper and lo an behold... it is this Dublin kind. He took one sip and this big smile comes across his face haha he is like.. "This is the best Dr.Pepper I've ever had!" So the whole night he just takes little sips from it because he wants to savor what he has hahaah so funny. Well then he orders a filet minion and needless to say... I think Austin really enjoyed dinner. Probably more than I did haha I had salmon and it was also amazing!
For desert we ordered a chocolate cake thing and they brought it out with this writing on the side wishing us a happy anniversary. All and all everyone the whole night everyone was so nice to us and kept congratulating us. It was so fun :D 
After dinner we headed back over to the hotel for the night. Here are some pictures (and sorry they are at night... I guess I should have thought to take them before we left for dinner) 
The next morning we just lounged around before checking out and then hitting up McDonalds for breakfast. Overall I think I can say that this was the best anniversary to date ;D hahah 

So Sunday was our actual anniversary and Easter. Since I just got a new computer that was basically our anniversary gift to each other. But I did make sure to tell the Easter bunny that he needed to visit our house... 
Our attempt at an Easter picture.... 
 And Austin hating me taking pictures haha but I wanted a picture of him with his new Easter tie! 
So there you have it! A great anniversary and a wonderful Easter! 

3 comments:

  1. Jackie! You guys are so cute and I love reading your blog. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Looks like you had a fabulous time! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't believe it's already been a year! We're like old married women now, we can't even call ourselves newlyweds! Love the pics, looks like you guys had so much fun! And of course I LOVE all the palm trees! I'm keeping my fingers crossed we end up in Phoenix with you guys!

    ReplyDelete