Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Deviation from the Norm.

Yesterday was seriously one of the best days! It's not like I did anything that fantastic but it was just not a normal day for me and I loved it! It started out with me going to the gym with Austin. For anyone that knows me well... I don't like the gym but Austin has been making me go do the elliptical with him. After our little gym date I threw on my swim suit and headed over to the pool. Yesterday was so awesome because instead of it being 90+ degrees it was like 75 and breezy.... I actually prefer laying out when it is cooler because it makes laying out for long periods of time a little more bearable but you are still able to get a tan (or in my case tan arms and legs but a sunburned nose and forehead...) After the pool I was hanging out around the house when Austin came to me and asked if I would be up for going over and shooting hoops at his school. I was totally up for spending time with my husband and getting out of the house! On our walk over to the school I was hoping I would get to meet Dilyn the Duck. Now you might be asking... who is this Dilyn? Well once I get a picture of him I will let you know ;) Unfortunately he was not at his usual pond.. I was so bummed out!! While shooting hoops I was able to sneak a few shots of Austin :D I knew that if he saw me taking pictures he would stop playing basketball so I was quite sneaking taking these pictures.
I love that I wasn't even trying when I was taking these pictures and I kept getting him in action shots! haha I could tell that him taking a few minutes out of his busy day to shoot some hoops really helped him de-stress. Only 10 more days to go!!

Then last night for FHE we played a game of Phase 10... I am really starting to hate that game. We bought it a couple weeks ago and every time we play it Austin wins... I get so mad because I start off really good and then in the end he beats me. Unfortunately I got the competitive gene from my parents who can't play board games together because they end up in a family fight so when Austin wins I kind of get a little crabby.... but that's ok. I am determined to beat him one of these days...

So that was basically our day yesterday.. like I said it wasn't anything spectacular but for me it was just awesome hanging out with my husband and getting out of the house to doing things I don't normally do :D

3 comments:

  1. I'm only a big fan of phase 10 because we used to play it all the time at Grandma Howard's house and it brings back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that game, but sometimes it takes for-ev-er!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen and I were talking about how repetitious our lives are these days and we long for any deviation from the usual... I imagine it only gets worse in grad school!

    ReplyDelete