Saturday, May 7, 2011

Long Week (equals) Fun Date Night

Man oh man it has been a long week! Since my manager quit I had to work every day this week. I didn't realize that going from working like 3 days a week to working everyday can make me feel so burnt out. Austin is pretty burnt out too... By the time he finishes this last semester he will have 70+ hours of school credit under his belt! He has been working so hard and he only has two weeks left!! Hallelujah!

Since we both had such long weeks we decided we needed a good date night so we went out and celebrated Cinco de Mayo (a day late) at our favorite place to eat.... On The Border!! Woop woop! We hadn't been there since March when Austin's family came out to visit and as luck would have it we had the exact same waiter! He remembered us an everything haha You know you have become a regular when the waiters start to remember you... haha After that wonderful dinner Austin wanted to make it back in time to watch the Lakers/Mavs game. Normally I would start complaining because I'm not a huge basketball person, but I found this new blog called The Dating Divas and they had this cute idea for a basketball date night. So I took some ideas from them and we had fun watching the game :D It also helped that I hate the Lakers and have invested interest in the Mavs being from Dallas and all...

At half time we had a dunking contest with these bad boys...
Not gonna lie I'm pretty good when it comes to dunking Oreos haha 
Another one of the ideas was to have a kissing cam and every time someone made a three point shot you would have to kiss. It worked pretty well for the first quarter but then I became a little too invested in the game and forgot about our kissing cam haha And to make the night even better the Mavericks won!! Woop Woop! I told Austin that in the end it is going to be a showdown between the Mavs and the Heat and then it will be history all over again except this time the Mavs are gonna win it all!! hahah Only time will tell... 

No comments:

Post a Comment