Saturday, March 20, 2010

FINALLY!!


I am happy to report that after living in Utah for 3 years I have finally found a good Mexican restaurant! When I first moved out here for school and realized there was no On The Border I was devastated. I didn’t know how I was going to survive my time at BYU with no good Mexican food! I searched the Utah valley trying to find a good Mexican restaurant with no luck.


See the problem is there are different variations in Mexican food. There is the true Mexican like Los Hermanos that is very bland and boring. Then we have the wanna be Mexican food like Cafe Rio that might as well be categorized with Taco Bell in fake Mexican. Then we have TexMex. Oh yummy TexMex. It is a combination of just enough Mexican and Texas to give you satisfying restaurants like On The Border and Posados which seem to be only found in the South, until now...


Rubio’s opened up in Provo about a month ago. I had seen the restaurant in SLC but never had success in getting Austin to take me. Well last night I was victorious and Ausitn & I went to try it out. My mother always says, you know a good TexMex restaurant by the quality of their salsa. She was right. The salsa was amazing, the burrito was stupendous and I was pleased to find, after 3 years of searching, a Mexican restaurant that reminds me of home.


It’s too bad I found it my last semester at BYU! Oh well...

3 comments:

  1. we went there last night! i love. the kids meals are bomb because they come with a little churro :)

    ReplyDelete