Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring is in the air!

What a fun week! On Thursday night Austin & I went on a double date with my roommate Kaylee and Austin’s friend Spencer. We went to the always fun Color Me Mine where you pick out your own pottery and paint it! Last time we went, Austin & I painted a cookie jar that has definitely been put to good use this past year.This time we decided to make coasters for the new house. We started off painting them the colors of our living room (greens, reds, and browns) but with the last coaster Austin wanted to do a little something special. Kaylee painted a really cute mug and Spencer made himself a “special” cereal bowl. It was fun to get out for the night and spend time with friends. Once we get the finished product on Tuesday I will make sure to post pictures :D

Friday we had to take my dress to be altered. On the drive up to Salt Lake we received some exciting news! My cousin sells security systems over the summer and will be gone till September. He generously offered to let Austin and me stay in his house for the summer! We couldn’t be more excited! After many stressful nights trying to apartment search, we have finally found a place to live and even better than that, it is free! This was definitely an answer to many many prayers. So until we move to Arizona in July, we will be living in Draper for the summer. Of course to celebrate the good news, we treated ourselves to some Red Lobsta using the gift cards I got for my birthday.


Saturday was my bridal shower :D Helen, Madison and I drove up to Teri’s house for the party. There was a surprising turn out. I really appreciated all the love and support I felt at the party. It was fun to retell my story of meeting Austin, our proposal and then getting lots of great recipes and wedding advice from the group.


Ashley's friend Tracy made these adorable cookies for the party!

The beautiful table setting. Spring is in the air!

Helen & me

Opening some presents :D

Helen gave us a nice, warm blanket to replace the Snuggie

Grandma Nita gave us a cookbook, kitchen scrubber and recipe box

Teri, who was nice enough to host the party, gave us a kitchen stuff

Ashley, my soon to be sister-in-law, gave us a Pier One gift card (I have been wanting some ruffled pillows that Austin didn't find necessary, now I have an excuse to go get them!)

The cute family sign Teri's daughter Jessi gave us

This was Austin's favorite, a new griddle from Sheila and Sam

Laura gave us a recipe holder and gave me a way to entertain myself while Austin is away studying, a cupcake decorating cookbook.

Nell gave us a cutting board and more matching kitchen stuff


The rest of the day was spent going to different Nordstoms Racks trying to find groomsmen pants (we had a minor set back at one when Austin locked his keys in the car), playing games at Austin’s grandparents house (I won $5.00 thanks to Grandpa’s prizes) and finally attended the reception of Austin’s old friend. It was a long, but eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment