Friday, January 21, 2011

January Update

Sorry it's been so long! I just haven't had anything exciting happen lately for me to update... sad story! We are just enjoying the 65 degree weather while going to school and work. Speaking of school Austin has been having some eye troubles so instead of getting contacts that he will never wear he bought some cute old man reading glasses. Isn't he just the cutest in them!! Makes him look even smarter than he is!!

Also, it's funny because as I mentioned earlier I am making a Mixbook of our blog posts from last year and as I was going through and reading my posts from this time last year I couldn't help but laugh. They were all about how much I hate the snow, how I can't wait to move to Arizona, blah blah blah but now we are here living in it! Crazy! To tell you the truth I thought maybe I was going to be one of those people who is never satisfied and I would be missing the snow right about now... well to be honest I'm not. haha I am so happy that every day is the same, sunny and 65. I don't wish it was cold, I don't want the snow and I am not getting sick and tired of the sunshine. Arizona has turned out to be the absolute best place for me to live!!

Ok so now that I'm off that topic, I want to show a craft I just finished! A few months ago I posted a list of crafts I wanted to to. Well I can finally say I've checked one off the list! I got the idea from this blog post.  I bought all the supplies with the intention of making this wreath plus more decorative balls... well after making the one wreath I think I'm gonna have to pass on the balls. Well maybe not pass but definitely hold off for a bit. It's not that it was hard just extremely time consuming. So if you are thinking of doing this make sure you are bored out of your mind and have lots of time for a craft.


Still I am very pleased with the results. Plus it looks even better with the frame I found at Austin's grandma's house so thanks Grandma Nail! And the awesome bird pictures, thanks mom!

So that is about it for now. After finishing this craft it's on to my next projects... making pillows!!! I will definitely make sure to post pictures when I finish those :D

2 comments:

  1. JACKIE! This looks so good! I want to make one of these now. I honestly couldn't tell if it was the picture from the blog, or the one you made until you showed the picture of it up in your bathroom. Seriously, good job! I'm jealous of your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's serious Jackie. She's been obsessed with that craft (?) since you posted it... :D

    Glad you're doing well. When blissful AZ gets too hot come summer, head up our way to cool down!

    ReplyDelete