Monday, January 10, 2011

Party with the Parents

This past week we were lucky enough to have my parents come out and visit! I was so excited for them to come down and finally see our little apartment and where we live in Arizona :D My dad was the first one to come out on Wednesday. He helped us move into our apartment back in July but this was his first time seeing it all put together. I imagine it looked quite different! We met up with him for a few hours and had a nice lunch (minus the hair I found in my food) before he headed over to Scottsdale for meetings. We didn't see him again until Friday when my mom flew in to join us! Once she arrived, the day was spent showing her around Arizona (she had never been here before) walking around the Fashion Square Mall and then enjoying a delicious dinner at a cute little Thai restaurant. After dinner we walked down Scottsdale Road and stumbled upon this ice cream parlor to have something sweet to eat.

 Dad and his root beer floats... this one was overflowing like a volcano! 

Saturday my dad had to go back to Texas but my mom stayed one more day. We had way to much fun finding lots of cute decorations for my apartment. She even found these cute blue bird canvas paintings that I wasn't sold on but once we got them back they were absolutely perfect in my bathroom! Plus she was willing to get me an early birthday present which I won't post on here until my actual birthday because then it will feel more special :D

Sunday she unfortunately had to leave at six in the morning. Needless to say we went right back to bed once we dropped her off at the airport haha But overall we really did have an awesome time with them. Having my parents out just makes me even more excited for all the visitors we are planning to get this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment