Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years

After my family left, Austin and I spent the last few days of 2011 moving to a new apartment! It was a unexpected move, but well worth it. We moved only a few feet away, but only having two days to plan was a little stressful. In the process I couldn't help but feel so grateful for all the friends Austin and I have made down here. We were able to make that move in two days with the help of his friends, and an awesome ward! The move actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and to be honest I love our new place even though it is the exact same place, just a few feet bigger and a lot less smoky!

For New Years Eve Austin wanted to get out just for a few hours to relax. We took a trip over to BJ's for an awesome dinner, and then to see Sherlock Holmes for the second time (yes we liked it that much!)

One of my all time favorite restaurant desserts... pazookie! 
 Waiting at the movies
This next picture pretty much sums up how we spent the rest of the night hanging out at our old, empty apartment. We couldn't officially move into the new place until Jan 4th, because that was the soonest they could turn on the gas.
Although we didn't make it to midnight, we did pop a little bubbly and think about all the changes coming in 2012. Here's to a new year!

3 comments:

  1. jackie, i want to go to bj's again! i love that place. can't wait to see your new apt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha why does you lying on that mattress remind me of freshman year?! I want to come see your new place sometime! What happened with the old one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. new place for a new baby maybe!?! I totally know about having to move with a 3 hours notice but if your situation was anything like ours--- it was a HUGE blessing in the end!

    ReplyDelete