Thursday, January 5, 2012

Texans in Arizona

My family made the long 17 hour drive all the way out to Arizona! I was so excited to take a few days off of work, and hang out with them. They got here late Monday night, but that didn't stop us from getting the party started!
 Opening presents
 Just hangin out with the sisters! 

The next day we started off our vacation with a little shopping. We had to hit up DownEast, and also get some new covers for our iphones! It was a fun day just hanging around Glendale. That night we tried to go over to Oregano's in Scottsdale, but when we arrived they said it was an hour & a half wait! Who would have thought on a Tuesday night the wait would be that long!? I was bummed so instead we went to Brio.

After dinner we headed over to the Mesa temple to look at the lights. We had never been before and while it was no Temple Square, we still had a good time :)
I think this was my favorite picture of the night. So cool with the reflection pool!

Wednesday was another fun day full of shopping at Scottsdale Square, and walking around Cabellas (that was more for the boys that the girls ;) That night we headed over to my parents all time favorite restaurant... Eddy V's! Austin had never been, but I think I can say he is a fan now. He got "the best steak of his life" there, so he was happy haha
Always a happy guy when he gets his Bananas Foster dessert! 

Thursday was our last real day to hang out since the family was leaving early Friday morning. We mostly hung out around Glendale again, went to Midwestern, and saw the new Mission Impossible movie.
Austin thought he was pretty funny taking this picture of us vegging out! I think is describes each of our personalities very well! hahah Mom playing solitaire, me checking all my social networks, Dad watching sports, Jessica...well I don't know what she was doing haha, and Lexi always well aware when the cameras come out!

Thanks for coming out family! We had such a fun time! 

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, I'm so glad your family could come see you. It sounds like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Fam came do you could get some time with them over the holidays! We're back now so let's get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete