Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rewind.

Now I guess I will rewind a little bit and add some more things to the past month. It was a long three weeks waiting to go to the doctors! We were both so excited when that day came. I think we were more excited for the 21st than we were for the 25th! As we sat in the waiting room at the doctors office, we kept looking at the door every time it opened waiting to see someone we knew. The doctor I picked shares an office with the doctor that everyone around here goes to! We were sure with our luck, one of our pregnant friends would have an appointment that day too and see us waiting in there for our ultrasound. Luckily we saw no one! Austin said sitting in that waiting room felt like forever! I would agree with that. When we finally made it back to have our ultrasound done, we saw a small white dot on the screen. That was our baby!! It didn't look much like a baby though haha. The tech said we weren't as far along as we thought, only about six and a half weeks. I don't think I would have believed that was our baby until I saw the heart beating on the screen. Then it all became real! Austin was pointing out everything before the tech could even tell us! I guess all this med school is paying off haha.
The doctor confirmed that we were indeed pregnant, but wanted to see me back in two weeks to do another ultrasound. I was beyond excited, but still had a hard time believing this was real! He also moved back my due date to August 13th, 2012. Austin was really excited to hear this because that is the same day Cassie was born!! I know it is highly unlikely to have your baby on the actual due date, but the fact that our baby shares the same potential birthday with Cassie was really special news.

A couple of days later my family came out to visit. Like I said before, my parents already knew we were pregnant but my sisters didn't. We decided to wrap up the ultrasounds like a present, and have them open them up. I was so glad we waited to surprise them! Their reactions were priceless!

The initial reactions, trying to figure out what this meant... 
 They figured it out and were so excited!! 
I can definitely say that both sides of the family were so excited for us! The whole time my family was here we just kept talking about it. Also, I am pretty sure everyone is hoping it's a boy. It would be the first boy grandchild on Austin's side, and the first boy ever on my side! Either way if it's a boy or a girl, we will be so excited and happy.

Two weeks later, it was back to the doctors office. Unfortunately this time Austin couldn't come with me. When I saw our little baby on the screen I couldn't believe how much had changed in two weeks! It actually looked like a baby and not just some dot on the screen! This time I was really freaking out inside  because I was so happy and felt so blessed that this was real! The doctor said everything continued to look good and that we could start telling people if we wanted to :)

After that, we started telling extended family members and then our friends! For girls group, I made these baby cupcakes I found on Pinterest. I think they were pleasantly surprised to hear the news!
I am so glad the news is finally out! I didn't think we were going to be able to keep that secret much longer! Also, this last picture is for my sister Lexi. When we first told them we were pregnant, she said I needed to take a picture with a Prego sauce and then announce that I was pregnant that way! When I was at a store the other day I found a baby Prego sauce and took a picture with it! haha so there you go... I'm Prego!! haha
I can't wait to see what the next seven months hold in store for us!! Starting tomorrow I will be 10 weeks along, and I know for sure there will be lots more posts documenting the progress :D 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Love the pictures, especially of your sisters finding out! So fun! Can't wait to see all of the updates and your cute prego self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris and I are so excited for you guys! Pregnancy is such an incredible journey, enjoy it! And you never know about the due date.. Beckett was born on his! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously so excited that we are both pregnant! You aren't too far behind me. I am due around the end of June, beginning of July. We are hoping for July 4th! :) But, I loved your post about finding out. It is such a surreal feeling, almost like you can't believe it is true. I am still getting used to the idea, even though I've had all the signs and am already into the second trimester. You will have to keep us updated on your blog for sure! It is so cute how you told your sisters! Your mom must be a really good secret keeper...ha ha. Well, congratulations! It made my night when you announced you were pregnant on facebook. So glad things are going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete