Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love.

Can I just say, I have the most amazing man in this world! I love him more than words can express and feel so grateful to have him as my valentine :D

After our get away to Phoenix was cancelled this weekend, Austin kept asking me what I wanted for Valentines Day. While I told him numerous times I didn't want flowers (even though secretly I did) he knew better than to listen to me and got me beautiful red roses. I must say... even though it is so cliche to get roses on Valentines Day, I love it. There is just something about getting flowers that makes a girl feel like she is loved and special.


Also I mentioned before on the blog that Austin had ordered some picture frames for my birthday/valentines present. Well just in time, they were done this weekend!! I was so excited that I went and picked them up myself. Unfortunately, Austin was wanting to pick them up and surprise me when I got to his house... guess I ruined that surprise haha. Anyway, here are the amazing picture frames that I cannot wait to put up in our house!!

That night Austin and I went out to a romantic valentines dinner at Goodwood. I must say it felt good to eat something else besides pizza and pasta which seem to be our food staples in life. Afterwards, we hit up the movie Valentines Day. While we were waiting in line this drunk lady came stumbling down the hall and started puking in the trash can next to us.... not something you see everyday in Provo haha We also ran into our good friends Helen and Chase at the movies which was fun. Overall the movie was kind of depressing in a way... while there were some good parts, I felt it was about people breaking up, and having affairs. The only couples in the movie who actually worked out were in high school. It is so sad that this is what the world has come to that and Hollywood has basically portrayed marriage as not being able to succeed because someone in the marriage ends up cheating. Satan has really done a number on the world and while it scares me sometimes to think about affairs, I know that marriages can be successful if you are doing what you are suppose to and centering your life around Christ.


Overall I had a wonderful valentines day with my amazing fiance that I cannot wait to marry in April and I am so excited for the many more valentines days we have to share together :D

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Haha we hated Valentine's Day too. A phone sex operator...really? Ya, we weren't fans. It was so good seeing you guys TWICE this week! :)

    ReplyDelete