Monday, February 8, 2010

One Crazy Weekend

Man this weekend was quite the adventure. Thursday Austin found a couch online at RC Willey. We decided to go check it out before the sale ended on Saturday. Needless to say... we fell in love. Neither of us wanted to make a hasty decision so we went home and slept on it. The next day we went back and once again we knew this was going to be our couch :D Can I just say, it was so exciting buying out first piece of furniture for our new little place. It is starting to feel official that we will be married in 2 1/2 months!!


Saturday Austin had booked a couple of different appointments at flower shops in Salt Lake. Before we hit Salt Lake we stopped in Draper to drop off Austin's suit to be fitted. Funny story. Back in January Austin and I found an amazing chocolate brown suit with pinstripes to wear at the wedding. Ironically the suit was in Arizona and had to be shipped to us in Utah. When we got the suit Austin took it to the Provo Dillards to be tailored. When we got to the Dillards the "manager" of the store fitted Austin for his alterations.... lets just say this guy had no idea what he was doing. Austin didn't feel comfortable leaving his suit there so we took it back to the Dillards in Draper where we originally ordered the suit. When the woman went to fit Austin for his alterations she couldn't believe how horrible of a job the last guy had done with Austin's measurements. Thank goodness Austin knew better than to leave the suit in Provo Austin might have ended up with some high water pants at our wedding!!

After Dillards we headed over to Nordstom's rack where I eyed a beautiful chocolate brown dress for my sister Lexi. Can I just say what a pain in the butt it is to try and find the perfect chocolate brown for this wedding!! We have been getting lucky lately so hopefully the luck continues and I can find a dress for my little sister Jessica.

Our next stop... Flowers. Man I have been pretty relaxed when it came to picking out things for the wedding but flowers... they were a little more overwhelming. We met with a woman at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building who was so excited about our colors and wedding. She had so many great ideas and I felt really good after I left. Next we hit up Every Blooming Thing. The man who met with us was really knowledgeable about his flowers. He also had some great ideas but it was hard to concentrate with his cat rolling around on the consult table. Now I can't give away everything but here are a few sneak peeks of what I'm looking for at my wedding.


On Sunday we drove up to Logan with Austin's dad and sister to attend church with Austin's brother and wife. We also got to see cute little Makayla! She is getting so big and is just the cutest little girl! I am so excited to have her as niece. After church Austin had to be back for the big super bowl game. When we got back to Austin's house there was a huge party raging. I didn't really get to enjoy the super bowl since I had lots and lots of homework to get done (You would think after 3 years in college I wouldn't procrastinate but I feel like I've gotten worse the closer I get to graduation). I was pretty excited when the Saints won!! Austin...not so much (I don't really like Peyton... it would have been cool to see Austin Collie win a super bowl his first year though... )

To end I thought I would put some of my favorite commercials from the Super Bowl (since I am an advertising major I find it fitting)






No comments:

Post a Comment