Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The 2 Month Mark

Wow. 2 more months till Austin & I are finally married. I can't believe we have been engaged now for 6 months now!! That must be some type of Provo/Mormon record haha

I guess in honor of this day I will recap our meeting and our engagement :D

Our meeting wasn't the most romantic but you can't help where you meet someone! Austin was working at Abercrombie & Fitch in Provo. During winter semester I went to apply for a job. When I went to apply Austin was the first person I met and he was the one who helped me fill out the application. I can still remember the day. Austin felt the need to make fun of the fact that I was from Texas but I think he was just flirting ;D I remember going back and telling my roommates about the hot guys that worked there but really I was only referring to one... Austin ruled the store and I was the shy girl who never talked and got stuck folding all the clothes no one else wanted to fold. It wasn't until April that we actually hung out, outside of work and became really good friends. Unfortunately it wasn't soon enough because a week later, I was off to Texas for 2 months. Yet the whole time I was gone we talked all day, every day and when I returned in June, Austin was there to pick me up from the airport. As everyone knows, the rest was history... When I think back to those months in Texas, those were the months we really fell for each other. We be came best of friends through text message. It's crazy to think that by the time we are married we will have been friends for 2 years!! How lucky am I to be marrying my best friend :D

Also in honor of our meeting we plan on putting two moose atop our wedding cake! Hopefully we can find some haha

As for the engagement.. I had told Austin time & time again that I didn't want some big, out of control proposal but rather a more meaningful and sentimental proposal. I got just that! November 2008 Austin & I went on a date to Olive Garden in Salt Lake City. It was the night we both knew we were in love. Throughout our relationship we would talk about that night often and how special it was for the both of us. A week or two later while Austin was riding the bus home from school, he received an answer to prayers that was defiantly unexpected. He knew then that I would be the one he would marry :D Many times as we drove past that spot Austin would shout out "I was right here!" referring to that time on the bus. On Saturday, August 15th Austin took me up to Salt Lake City for his Grandpa's 80th birthday party. After the party he kept telling me how much he wanted to have Olive Garden. We went back to that same restaurant where we had fallen in love and enjoyed a nice dinner. We then traveled back to Provo where Austin kept telling me how much he wanted to go for a walk. I was very much opposed to going for a walk because I didn't have on the right shoes but I gave into his request. We walked a very silent walk (I was still a little angry ;D) down the street to the place where Austin got his answer months before. As we drew close to the place I had a moment where I wondered what I would do if Austin decided to propose to me. Much to my surprise (since I thought the ring wouldn't be done for a while) Austin pulled me to the side and said "I got an answer here once and I need another answer from you". He dropped down on one knee and I thought I might pass out. This was the moment I dreamed of my whole life. I guess I took to long to answer because Austin had to get off his knee to explain to me that this was indeed real!



So there it is. While the whole engagement is kind of starting to drag on, I can't believe how far we have come. I can honestly say I am more in love now than I was 6 months ago. I am so excited to be marrying the man of my dreams.


1 comment:

  1. HAHA I remember those days. And how we'd always see him after Geology and I'd just have to awkwardly stand there while you guys flirted... ;)

    ReplyDelete