Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Horrocks Week

Last Saturday Austin’s family made a trip down to South Jordan to see the house we are living in and to celebrate Jason’s birthday! That night we all went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. While we were waiting for a table, I saw a picture with the Texas flag and the Texas pledge of allegiance. I just had to tell Austin’s family that while attending school in Texas, students are asked to pledge allegiance to the American flag first and the Texas flag second. They could not believe we Texans actually do that! haha They just don’t understand what it means to have Texas pride. In order to celebrate Jason’s birthday each of us made sure to mention the news to the waitress. Lucky for Jason, he got to celebrate the big day, Cowboy style haha



Since last Monday I have been interning at Rain, a small digital agency in American Fork http://www.mediarain.com/. On Thursday I was upgraded to my own desk area making me feel pretty legit! Now I am next to a big window so it’s nice to have the sun shining down on me throughout the day.


The view from my window.

My cubical

What I do at work haha Only sometimes...

Thursday night Austin & I met up with Ashley and her friend Adam for a double date to Robin Hood. While waiting for Ashley and Adam to get to the movie theater we had some fun of our own.


Can you find me?!

To be honest, I wasn’t very impressed with the movie. Austin of course liked it so at least one of us got our money’s worth haha


Friday was a nice quiet night at home with my husband. Then today we had a little day date to the Draper Temple. It was a great way to go back and remember what was said to us on our wedding day, since I was crying the whole way through and didn’t hear half of what the sealer said to us haha You know you are married when a fun Saturday afternoon includes a trip to the temple, Wal-Mart, Kohl’s and Target haha


Tomorrow I will be trying out a Cafe Rio pork salad recipe on Austin, Ashley and Madison for Sunday dinner so if it turns out to be delicious I will have to share it with my fellow blog friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that someone got that on video!!! Hahaha...how was your pork salad?? I want the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Robin Hood last week too and Kris comparied it to Gladiator.. UMMM NO! It was just okay.. He loved it though. AND I want the recipe also! Put it up :)

    ReplyDelete