Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a week! (Part 1)

How can so much happen in just two weeks?! I feel like some of the most important parts of my life were packed into a 2 week period haha Lets start from the beginning.


April 17th.

My family flew into Salt Lake the night before and met Austin & me in Logan. That next day many of my Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles met us at the Logan Temple to be there while I went through for the first time. What an awesome experience being surrounded by family and feeling the love that is felt in the temple. It will definitely be an experience I will never forget!



April 19th-22nd.

The week before our wedding was spent packing, moving, cleaning oh yeah and trying to finish all my finals. While I didn’t put as much effort into my finals as I should have.. I ended up doing pretty well!


April 23rd.

It was cold and rainy but at 8:00 that morning I walked across the HFAC stage where I received my “sample” diploma. I won’t get my real diploma until I finish my summer internship, but it was still a bitter sweet moment realizing that I am done with BYU! I am now a BYU alumni and I couldn’t be happier with that under my belt. As soon as the graduation was over I loaded, literally loaded up the baby bug and Austin helped me finished moving all my crap, I mean stuff into my cousin’s house :D


We then cleaned ourselves up so we could be at the baby blessing of our new niece Brooklyn Horrocks! She is such a cutie!


After the blessing Austin’s family and my family had their first meeting over a Rumbi dinner. (Everyone was pretty much exhausted so we picked something quick). After that it was back to the hotel so I could get some rest before the big day!


April 24th.

It was finally the day. The day we had be counting down since August 15th. There were times when we never thought this day would come but it did, and it was more than we could have ever asked for! Our sealing ceremony was at 9:40 so I was up early getting all primped and ready. Walking into that room filled with all our family and friends was an emotional overload. I don’t consider myself much of a crier but man was I a wreck. Austin was as well so I didn’t feel so bad. Afterwards Austin’s uncle said that men are only allowed to be that emotional once in their life so apparently that was his day haha The love that filled that room was amazing.

After the marriage we added the final touches and went out to meet the rest of our friends and family. When we walked out I felt like a celebrity being attacked by the paparazzi with all the cameras snapping pictures haha.


It was the most gorgeous day anyone could have asked for and we were so happy to see everyone. Austin & I spent a couple of hours taking tons and tons of pictures before finally making it to our wedding luncheon. Like I said, it was more than we could have ever asked for and better than I ever imagined. My mom and her sister Jenny put so much time and effort into making every little detail look amazing and totally paid off. Lunch was awesome, the speeches were heart felt, the video was cute and the cake was amazing!


Cutting the cake

Everything about the day was perfect. Once the lunch was over, Austin & I headed down to the Grand America Hotel where Bryan & Jenny (my uncle & aunt) booked us a night for our wedding present. It was incredible. We were both exhausted so we crashed early.


I guess I will end with quote from Jon & Kate Plus 8 (I know.. bad source but a good quote) “It’s a crazy life, but it’s our life” and I wouldn’t have it any other way!


By the way. More wedding pics will come once we get them back from the photographer :D

1 comment:

  1. AH I LOVE ALL OF THIS!!! Cute graduation pics, I am SUPER jealous and of course I love the wedding pics! I love what you said about walking into the sealing room, that was where it all really hit me too and I was a total mess! Congrats congrats, we are so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete