Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Texas Open House Weekend

On Thursday Austin and I headed down to Texas to spend some time with the fam and also have a wedding open house for all our Texas friends. Boy was it hot! I’m pretty sure it was hotter in Texas than it was in Cancun.

Friday night my dad bought tickets for all of us to go to a Rangers baseball game. Before we hit up the ballpark we had to stop off at my favorite place to eat, On The Border! It just wouldn’t be a trip to Texas without eating there. We then had a fun family bonding night while watching the Rangers destroy Kansas.

Jessica even showed us her new favorite treat at the ballpark, a Ranger’s ice cream sunday in a little Ranger’s hat.

Saturday was the open house. Of course my mom was up bright and early getting all prepped for the party. The open house was beautiful. My mom and all her friends did such a great job of putting the whole thing together. It was great to see all of our Texas friends and show off my cute new husband :D

After standing in a reception line most of the day, I had to help my sister Lexi do her make up for the prom. Yes that’s right she had prom after a full day of open house festivities.

Once she was off to prom we opened some of the wedding presents, stayed up chatting with my friend Brittany and then crashed from exhaustion.

Sunday we were back to Utah in order to get ready for work and to start internship the next day. Now that all the wedding festivities are over I guess it’s on to the rest of our lives as husband and wife!

1 comment:

  1. eeek! I'm in your blog!! I love it! haha! Looks like everything is going great- I love creeping on your page and reading about married life. LOVE YOU BOTH!!! <3

    ReplyDelete