Monday, May 24, 2010

Thoughts On Lost...


Last night was the end of Lost. It is crazy to think that it’s all over. I still remember sitting in my dorm room freshman year, spending all day trying to catch up on the seasons I had missed. I found the way Lost ended to be somewhat intriguing. After years of unsettlement and confusion they all found peace. It’s what everyone is searching for. The peace to know what will happen after death, and that they will be reunited with friends, family, and all those they loved while in this life.


A quote from Damon Lindelof, one of the executive producers, “...our desire to find meaning and yes, answers to life’s mysteries through our respective faiths is a big part of what we try to put into the show.”


To be honest, the season finale of Lost brought me peace, not because it was over and I had figured everything out, but peace in the fact that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that I know where I am going after this life. I know I will be with my husband, my family and my friends again. I don’t have to keep searching for the truth or find the answers to life’s mysteries because I am content with the knowledge that I have. So thank you Lost for reminding me of this.


1 comment:

  1. Jackie- awesome post. It puts into words what Helen and I have been feeling at its close. Our understanding of life truly is a bomb blessing- and it felt like there was a Morm who was helping to write the last episode...

    ReplyDelete