Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1,760 Miles Apart

This past weekend Austin was able to attend the ACC conference in Chicago! He was so excited to go, and get a better insight into the world of cardiology. While he was off enjoying his weekend vacation, I was left at home for the first time ever! We've almost been married two years, and this was the first time that I had ever been home alone. Not gonna lie, I was scared at first... but thanks to a priesthood blessing, and loving husband who made sure to check up on me all the time, it wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be.

Here is Austin's weekend in pictures....

He got to experience the train in Chicago! We had heard some not so great things about the train, but it turned out to be alright :) 
The lovely Chicago weather :D and downtown life! 
Arriving at the conference.. I think at first he was a little overwhelmed with how big of a deal it was!
Enjoying all the free food, and drinks his heart desired! haha I told him to just show the vendors his badge that said "student" and then they would understand why he kept coming back. Poor med school student basically entitles you to all the free stuff you can get! 
 Nerds mingling with other nerds... I mean cardiac professionals mingling with other cardiac professionals at the heart hub ;D Austin made sure to get all his blood work done while at the conference haha 
 Austin isn't use to eating fruit so when he sent me this picture I couldn't stop laughing! I told Austin he is going to have to learn to eat more fruits & veggies cause doctors don't sit around munching on cookies... haha  
There were so many other things Austin experienced and learned at his conference weekend, but these are just a few of the pics he sent me.

While Austin was living the doctor life, I on the other hand did this with my weekend....

Followed through with some of the pinterest crafts I have seen lately
 Ate frozen pizza while Austin was off eating real Chicago pizza... if you know my love of pizza, then you would know how jealous I am that Austin got to do that! 
 I watched lots, and lots of movies haha  
 Towards the end of the weekend, I realized how bored I was because I found myself watching a woodpecker go at it on the palm tree outside our window. Seriously, I don't know why I was so fascinated with this, but I was! If you can find the bird in this picture then you get a prize cause he does blend in pretty well with the palm tree! 
 I also started on some baby crafts. Made a few burp clothes that turned out super cute, and were extremely easy! 
I worked one night, and spent a lot of time out by the pool, but other than that it was a pretty uneventful weekend. By the time Monday night rolled around, I was beyond excited to pick up my husband!! I am so glad Austin got to go, and he even had some bonding time with my dad who was also at the conference! It did make me feel a little guilty though about me leaving him for weeks on end in the coming months, but he will be so focused on studying he probably won't even know I'm gone! haha


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha the woodpecker made me laugh so hard! Soak it up now because once that little mister gets here you will feel like you never have enough time to get things done! And your crafts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, you look so cute at 20 weeks! I'm sorry Austin was gone, but glad you had some projects to work on. I love love your spring banner and your burp clothes. I have seen those fabrics at Hobby Lobby and thought they were cute. I think we have a lot of the same taste because everything you have I really like too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your crafts!! I need to know where you got that fabric so that maybe I will use my new sewing machine! It's hard being away from your spouse- I've only done it for 3 days and it was tough, glad you were ok!

    ReplyDelete