Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's a Boy!

Monday was the BIG day!! The day we found out if this baby was a boy or girl! The days leading up to Monday were kind of torturous!! It was all we talked about, and Lexi probably got sick of us asking her what she thought it was haha. Since day one Austin has told everyone it was a boy, but as we were driving into the parking lot that morning all the sudden Austin bursts out "I THINK IT'S A GIRL, AAHH!" hahah Lexi and I were both taken off guard, but thought it was pretty funny to see him start to freak out. As soon as the nurse started the ultrasound, we saw that our little baby was standing straight up which is not good when trying to found out the sex. After a few minutes of trying to get it to move, and not having much luck, I started to freak out a little. I was not leaving this room until we found out!! Luckily after a lot of shaking my stomach, and poking around we got a glimpse. The nurse could tell we were on pins and needles, so I think she found a little bit of joy in dragging it out, even though Austin knew what it was before she said... It's a Boy! Oh my gosh I was freaking out inside!! Austin and I both knew it was going to be a boy, but having it confirmed was crazy! As soon as we got out of the room we were calling and texting everyone we could think of! We were just beyond excited!
 The nurse didn't want to stop taking pictures of out little guy! She said he just keep photographing so well! I guess that means he has a little Furniss in him because we all know Austin doesn't like getting his picture taken haha. We got to see all of his little fingers and toes, plus while she as looking at his profile we saw his little jaw moving, like he was sucking in. It was so cute!! 
This isn't even the full video from the ultrasound. I had to edit it down to when we finally found out, but you will see Austin and Lexi knew what it was before the lady would tell us. Plus I love Austin's fist pump towards the end haha 

After leaving the doctors we hit up In-and-Out for a celebratory lunch, and then it was off shopping! I'm not gonna lie I got a little overwhelmed while we were out. Knowing that we are having a little boy made it that much more real. Thinking about all the things we are going to have to buy, how we will decorate his room, what we are going to name him, so much to think about! Good thing I still have a few months haha. It was still fun looking at little boy things and even picking up a few toys/clothes.
Let the fun begin!! 

6 comments:

  1. Ya! Soooo exciting!! I just knew it was a boy with Beckett also! Call it mothers intuition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved the video of our new grandson! Glad you and Lexi had a fun time together!
    <3 mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! That is DEFINITELY a boy from that picture...haha. Not gonna lie, Jason is a bit jealous you guys got the first boy!! But now that means we get to spoil him!! Yay!
    So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! I was hoping for a boy! Congratulations! The pictures turned out great. Can't believe how quickly the months are going by. Way to go on guessing you're having a boy! I was totally wrong thinking I was going to have a girl, then finding out we are having a boy. Enjoy buying blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for videotaping that!! It was as if I were sitting in the room myself!! Listening to all of the excitement, laughter and anticipation just brought tears to my eyes. Muah!
    Love Mom (Illinois)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the video! So excited about your BOY! I'm impressed Austin could read the sonogram- Chase thought Charlotte's arm was a boy part when we went for ours haha! Love you guys and we are so happy for you! And don't get too overwhelmed about buying everything- when he first gets here all he really needs are the essentials- diapers, blankets, clothes, etc. Charlotte didn't even touch her crib, mattress, toys, etc until recently. Now let's go shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete