Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

This past week had some very exciting moments, and then some not so great ones... I guess that is life though. You can't just keep sailing by without a few storms to throw you for a loop. I will start with the best moment from last week :)
I felt our little guy moving!! I started feeling things that kind of felt like muscle spasms Thursday night while watching TV. The doctor had told me to start looking for signs of him moving around, and while at first I didn't want to get my hopes up and believe I could feel him, every day since I have felt those same movements so I know that it is him down there. I mostly feel him move when I'm laying down at night. Feeling these first movements has been one of my favorite things so far about pregnancy! I find myself getting paranoid if I haven't felt him yet that day, but once I do I just can't stop smiling :) I hope that they will get stronger soon so that Austin can feel these movements too! I also hope that we will come up with a name soon so I can actually start calling him something. For some reason I didn't think picking out a name would be so hard for us, but it is!

On Friday I was out shopping around and what do you know, my car decided it didn't want to start anymore! Austin and I soon came to realize that only having one working car isn't very fun... luckily we have awesome friends down here who were willing to help us out. Austin was able to borrow one of his friend's car to come pick me up so I wouldn't be stranded at Home Goods anymore. Baby bug got her first towing experience! It took two different auto places, and three days to figure out what was wrong with the bug. We found out that something was wrong with my key, and basically the anti-theft system kept kicking on, not allowing me to start my car. We got it fixed for a lot cheaper than we were expecting which was a huge blessing in disguise!

I will try not to make all my posts about pregnancy, but to be honest that is the most exciting thing going on in our life right now! haha Austin is studying for boards and school every waking hour of the day, and I am either sitting around at the pool/on the couch or I'm working. That is life right now :D

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that you felt him move! That is just the best thing ever. It's always such a relief every time. I'm glad you are loving being pregnant so much. I'm sorry about your car, but happy it was something minor. One of our cars used to do the same thing, but at least you know what it is now and can remember that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so happy you felt him move! I was so happy to feel Charlotte move, just to feel like I had an actual baby in there and make it all feel more real. Keep posting about pregnancy- I love it

    ReplyDelete